View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 08:54 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Brian:

After I did my last post in this thread, I went back to my Anti-virus program and ran the scan. It worked just fine. Didn't find any viruses. I have no idea why the previous time it stopped at the number 767. Maybe I just should have waited.
I guess my computer was just doing it's thing in its own way.

I cant' wait for my son to do anything because my son lives 3000 miles away, has Aspergers disorder and wouldn't get on a plane if you gave him a free ticket. But he is a computer genius. One time I was at my computer and I wanted to do an update on my windows (I have XP by the way).

I phoned my son (he was laying on his bed in his apartment in California). Do you know that he never got off the bed, never went over to his computer, he just guided me by closing his eyes and going throught the step by step program of updating the windows thing. AND BELIEVE ME, I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH HIM FOR AN HOUR, THERE WERE A LOT OF STEPS.

He would say "now go to this folder, on the upper right, you will see this, now double click this" After 10 minutes or so (and I thought he was sitting in front of his own computer), I asked him "you're doing this along with me, right??? on your own computer??" and he said "no, I'm lying on the bed".

I said "you're lying on the bed?? how do you know what I'm doing"? and he said "i'm picturing it in my mind". These aspergers are amazing in their computer expertise.

Now Brian, you mention go to Programs, Accessories and system restore. What will this do. Will I lose anything on my desktop, any information on my computer?

What exactly will this do? "OH THIS IS SO EXCITING, I FEEL LIKE I'M BACK IN SCHOOL LEARNING STUFF"

Thanks hon.

Oh by the way, the Lyrica is still doing its thing for Alan. He just went off to the gym. So hopefully, we might just have a shot here.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote