View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by befuddled2 View Post
Welcome Melody. You are a great inspiration. Thank you for posting about your story of weight loss. I've been missing in action for a very long time.

befuddled2
Hello Ladies:

How are we all doing today? I just finished rinsing my jars of sprouts and have some of them on my window-sill so they can get some light and they are now turning green.

I cannot believe that my two YELLOW thumbs are developing into GREEN ones. Never grew anything in my life.

I now have various things sprouting in my kitchen and my husband says if I mention the word SPROUT one more time, he's going to kill me. Yesterday, when he woke up, I said "how are you doing?" and he just replied with one word.

SPROUTING!!

I never laughed so hard. He laughed as well. Then last night I showed him the package of Light Tofu that I bought and I said "see, we can now eat healthy" and he burst out laughing and said "TOFU??" and I just said "well, I'm not talking about sprouts now am I?"

We laugh a lot. It's important to laugh in these times. I don't enjoy the holidays so whenever I find something to laugh about, well I try and laugh as often as I can. Makes one forgets one's problems for a bit.

Oh, last night I ground up some sprouted lentils and added them to my broccoli and zucchini patty mix. I sprayed PAM in a frying pan and make vegetable-sprout patties.

After Alan died and went to heaven over these things I just looked at him triumphantly and said "Hmph, you can make fun of my sprouting all you want but you just ate them."

I then said "And next year, I'll be growing my own tomatoes". He jumps up and says "We live in an apartment, where the heck are you going to grow tomatoes?" I just replied "where there's a will, there's a way".

Hah!!!

lol

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote