View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 11:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by llrn7470 View Post
Here's a good question. I purchased Aflac at work about 6 months ago. Last month I had knee surgery due to increasingly frequent dislocations and problems at work (as though I would know when it was going to dislocate!) Anyway, it's been a month and a half since I've made my claim and they have thus far refused to pay it as my knee is a pre-existing condition. Would the fact that I have RSD and am unable to work be a completely seperate thing to file for STD through Aflac for? I know that most everyone on the site has had their own financial adjustment to make to this disease, so I thought that maybe someone out there would know.
Many thanks,
Lori Lee
MY BROTHER USED TO WORK FOR AFLAC AND THIS IS WHAT HE HAD TO SAY 2 UR QUESTION DEAR........ Id tell her to get the diagnosis papers and any dr apts she has gone to for RSD and give them to her agent. this sounds like they didnt pay for the knee surgery, but nothing was said about her trying to get payment for any monies lost due to rsd. Just as long as she was diagnosed for RSD after she got aflac, she is still making her payments, and it is the sickness insurance (or disability if she is off of work for over a week). If she has any other coverage through aflac it wont be covered.

HOPES THIS HELPS A LIL