View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 08:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Linda

Just a few more days and it will be the day. I had my pre-admission tests, etc. yesterday. We talked to an anesthesologist after I was stuck, poked, etc. He's on duty that day, but wasn't sure if he will be my anesthesologist--he'll know by Tuesday.

We've orderd a hospital bed for our family room--we have a tri-level home with stairs everywhere and our family room is on the ground floor (our yard slopes). Easy access to a bathroom with shower, I'll have a small fridge and microwave on a talble in case I need to fix myself something to eat or drink, easy access to the garage and outside when I feel like going outside, etc. I'm going to borrow a shower chair, grabber, and a few other things I will need.

My daughter and future son-in-law are on their way to our house right now for a visit this weekend.

I feel resigned to this whole thing--and, actually, pretty peaceful about it. This time next week, I'll be in pain and may be sick---but it will get better.

Again, I appreciate your thoughtfulness so much, Linda. I'll let you know how things went as soon as I can.

Take care.

Jan
Fairqueen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote