View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Love the double standards?

The FDA claims ZERO tolerance on some things and yet 'allows' some things a pass...then wants to try and 'control' more? DUH? [And, I used to work for the gummint!] [That melamine thing in baby forumlas]
It would be harder to find the root motivation for such attempts at control... is it the result of the 'medical' field, the 'pharmaceutical' field' or who? Someone stands to gain a heap of money from the acquiring of control of such an area.... That is likely the source of this foofery.
Even our own Dept. of Agriculture can't protect produces and meats from contaminations. They keep becoming a lower priority to 'other issues' nationally and usually rightfully so, and it's been that way for over 25 years. All the while the testings and scopes of what needs to be tested become more and more complex.
I have to ask one and all? Can you find canned mushrooms that are GROWN and PACKAGED in our country? When we are the worlds largest fresh mushroom producers in the world? Something is wrong with the vitamin thing and with a whole lot else. Sigh.
Tony...it's a valid and sane set of points you raise. Yep, I got off on a tangent, but it is relevant in that so much of all this doesn't make sense unless you look at it from some particular greed viewpoint, and we, the people, who use and need supplements suffer for the long run. Unless we speak up somehow. Next is to learn all the hows.
Best always - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Adastra (12-01-2008)