View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I don't think the new Congress will let this thru. This may be one of those little laws getting put in by the outgoing administration and hopefully if it goes thru, it will be negated by the new administration.

Greed makes the world go round. It is sad.

My daughter is an environmental science engineer (MS), you would be sick if you knew what was out there. I know enough to make me not want to eat.

My big concerns are that drugs and nutraceuticals are being made in third world countries, with no environmental controls on even water quality.

It is sad when we, as grandparents to be, are searching for glass baby bottles, because we have poisoned many infants with bisphenols in plastics. (Yes, daughter in law is breast feeding but you still need some bottles.)

Our current administration has opposed the COOL, Country of Origin Labeling laws.

I don't know what to tell urban dwellers, other than use natural food stores. (Hard I know, given we have entered a 'recession', and I use that term loosely.)

I have tons of beta carotene in my basement....in the form of squash. I can't eat it all. I will convince my husband to raise chickens this spring. I am fed up with the FDA, the CDC and the Federal Reserve.

I wish I felt like eating something more healthy than peanut butter bells right now.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote