Thread: MRI results
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 04:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybass101 View Post
My doctor is pretty much telling there is nothing wrong with me and doesn't know why i'm in so much pain. can somebody please give me a little more info on my MRI because I don't believe him.

L1-2 There is disc space height narrowing with degenerative and/or desiccated disc. There is a moderate left paramedian disc herniation. The central spinal canal and neural foramina are adequately patent at this level. The facet joints are unremarkable.
L2-3: the disk is unremarkable. The central spinal canal and the neural foramina are adequately patent at this level. The facet joints are unremarkable.
L3-4: There is a degenerative and/or desiccated disc. There is a mild, diffuse, circumferential disc bulge. The central spinal canaal and the neuroforamina are adequately patent. The facet joints are unremarkable.
L4-5: There is a degenerative and/or desiccated disc. There is a moderate, diffuse, circumferential disc bulge. rest is same as above
L5-S1: There is a degenerative and/or desiccated disc. There is a moderate, diffuse, circumferential disc bulge. There are moderate posterior element degenerative changes.same as above

Except for L2-L3, all of the discs are degenerative and/or desiccated.
What your doc meant to say is that there is nothing profoundly unusual about your MRI findings. You can take a person with absolutely no pain whatsoever, and their MRI might show all kinds of findings including multiple disc bulges, foraminal stenosis, canal stenosis, etc. It's just the radiologist doing his job. I often see patients with an impressive finding at one nerve root but with symptoms in a totally different place. Pain is so complex, more often than not, we don't know why a patient has it. Pain management is a really imperfect field unfortunately. But I certainly wouldn't do an intervention based on this beautiful MRI.
paindrw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote