View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 08:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dimpled One, don't know if I can find a cape before Wednesday but I'll look. That's too funny. I think the place I'm going to has a great psych ward so maybe I shouldn't push it.

Cherie, I had sx all over my body with the first attack in 2003 and the neurologist I was seeing at the time said that there weren't any lesions on the brain so he couldn't explain sx above the level of the thoracic lesion. He did say that there could be sub MRI level lesions which could cause sx. As far as the other two attacks that I had where I had IVSM, I don't truly remember if I had other sx above the level of the thoracic spine lesion that may have been different than what I experienced the first attack. I just don't remember. I remember having nystagmus, tremor in my hands, and a major increase in cognitive problems with the episodes in 2005 and 2006.

I can say that just recently I had a flare (in the middle of the whole back spasm episode that lasted over a month) where the right side of my face and half my tongue felt numb. That was new. It lasted a few days but other sx lasted longer than that. Didn't see a neuro, however, because I'm "between" docs. Didn't see any other doc either, just told the PT guy about it. Then I told the physiatrist about it when I went back for my follow up visit with him.

Part of the problem is that I was so disgusted with the whole Dr. Flip Flop neuro thing that I didn't call my neuro to report new sx because it didn't matter anyway. They didn't really care. I tried doing it and nothing ever came of it--not even a follow up call about the sx. And I wasn't a whiney type. I would call after things had been going on for about a week, not just one or two days. Tried that 2-3 times and then stopped. So I didn't bother after 2003 and Dr. Flip Flop.

What really had torqued me up and fed my "why bother calling or reporting stuff" attitude was when a PA saw me in 2003--a day I'd gotten out of bed and landed on the floor because my legs wouldn't hold me up and when I couldn't count or remember the names of the months between December and April--and said, "If you were dx'd we'd give you steroids. But you're not dx'd." Ok.... that attitude says we could help you but no matter what you say without the dx it doesn't matter--suffer Bee-otch.
CayoKay (12-01-2008), dmplaura (12-01-2008), SallyC (12-01-2008)