View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 11:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy Khan {an old thread that was bumped by accident}

Hello everyone
I am a 37 year old guy (a doc myself) diagnosed with TOS (neurogenic type). Got eval in St Louis and then Seattle.
Symptoms for 2 years. Misdiagnosed with Rt CTS and surgery done Jan,06. No relief. Then later dx with TOS.
Have small cervical ribs (bigger on left than Rt) but more sx on RT since I am right handed.

Got Botox on the 2nd of Nov,06, both sides (in Seattle), no relief. NSAIDs don't work.

Temporary but very good relief with Yoga. Massage helps a little, erect posture helps also but one has to be constantly on guard.

Sitting in front of computer with elbow bent at 90 deg, or writing hurts the most, driving, sitting in aeroplane, or lifting things up.

MR-Neurogram (-ve), scalene block (equivocal), Chest X-Ray (cervical ribs), Nerve conduction studies (mild CTS both sides), doppler studies of subclavian arteries show some constriction in certain arm postures. Physicals by surgeons (2 in Seattle and one in St Louis) all agree that I have TOS.

Reading the threads show its a pretty depressing, grim prognosis. I have yet to see one person on this forum mentioning great results with surgery or any treatment.

Luckily I don't have any other illness (atleast so far).

Can I mention the names of surgeons or that is not allowed.

Thanks for listening

Khan
Khan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote