View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 01:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess18 View Post
I know it varies. I just began with a physical therapist this past Monday. I have tight pelvic floor muscles which may be impinging on my pudendal nerve causing pain IN any case, the PF muscles if i can get them loosened could possibly help a number of problems I have .. chronic constipation, painful periods, neuropathy.
I am doing exercises with dilators, taking 2mg of Valium to loosen the muscles, and she does myofascial release internally.
What do you do, and if you have PFD did PT help? How long did you go before you found some success?

thank you
Hi, When you mentioned painful periods and neuropathy I wondered if by some chance you have low B12. If you have ridges on your fingernails or are losing your moons, that can be a sign of low B12.

Plus, if you are short of B12, then it might be that you are also short of magnesium which is just about as hard to get out of food as is B12.

Magnesium relaxes muscles.

I use magnesium for headaches since I read up on it, and it works great.

It's useful to know that taking calcium or eating calcium rich foods can lead to problems like increased pain and bone spurs if we don't take enough magnesium with the calcium for our bodies to use it properly.

I hope things clear up for you.