View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 07:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

rule number one.

the federal law for service animals supercedes any local and state laws.

this is why it is a civil rights violation if folks do not abide by its rules.

i did a bit a research before i got jake. hes a queensland heeler, and will help me on days i get a bit wobbly. hes not meant o carry my wiehgt just to take the edge off for a bit of counterbalance. or days when i have extreme muscle fatigues.

jakes is registered in a national databse he is licensed for the remainder of his life with no extras fees. ive read where some folks want money to trian them, money to register them and so on and it can build up. some places even say its a yerly fee to keep thwm registered. dont be fooled.

do your homework. you can im me for the information of the service i used if you like.

jake is very well behaved. and never causes a problem i got him at six weeks and just taught him to be a good animal and be there for me. he doesnt need to do a special task but be himself and provide me with support.
i keep the id tag with his name and credentials on him and myself in my wallet. he has a collar and dog tags and a vest but doesnt need to wer them all the time.

if you take your animal with you all they can ask you is. " excuse me is your animal a service animal. and once you reply yes they should accept it but some will ask for hthier cards as well such is the case in a fedearl building or airline.

good luck.

roger.
XISLED is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote