View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Mel,

In Madison WI, you can raise chickens in town. I suppose that is why it is called Mad City. Organic chicken is a possibility. I think beef is trickier, because grass fed are exposed to prions from deer. They have now stated that deer ingest prions and that is how chronic wasting disease is caused......'they' say that this is not the bovine transmissible spongiform encephalopathy, but, I wonder, because, the down cows back in the 50's were fed to mink in the mink farms and voila, mink had mad cow. Even organic beef and milk would conceivably be exposed to prions. Blows my mind.

I think organic chicken is a safe bet. Raising your own is a huge endeavor....gotta see if I am up for it.

I know folks that eat nothing but this incredibly pure food, and use veggie milks, such as rice, or soy milks....I can't do that....I can't keep up with the work of that kind of diet.

Apparently I tore my rotator cuff, don't know how bad this will set me back now.

Back to Tony's concerns.....I don't want to hijack the thread.

There needs to be some quality control for nutraceuticals, however, this thing Tony brings up seems like a double bind.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MelodyL (12-02-2008)