View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 04:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool things are looking up

Well, it looks like the worse is over. I went to all the drs. yesterday, 3 weeks since the emergency surgery to remove my scs due to a massive infection. The open wound on my side, which was being packed and unpacked every day has almost totally healed. No more packing. Just putting a very large bandaid over it. I had my PICC line removed from my right arm last week as was developing another infection at the picc line site. They put it in my left are the same day. I saw my ID (infection disease) dr. and told her that the left one was starting to hurt and she pulled the picc line and put me on oral meds. So now I'm disconnected from all wires, tubes, home nurses, etc. I can actually take a shower this evening, my first in 3 wks. can't wait. I also adopted another doxi little girl from the rescue group. Hubby was so happy that I didn't die (another 24-36 hrs and that would have been an outcome), that he decided that a 4th doxi was workable. So, I'm starting to heal, and feeling better. the rsd has started to kick back in, and I go see my new PM in 2 wks. Hope that goes well.

Hugs
Mary
Imahotep (12-09-2008), Jomar (12-04-2008), mollymcn (12-03-2008), Sandel (12-03-2008)