Thread: So-Cal Surgeons
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 05:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy Help!

Thanks for your reply. Actually, Dr. Baradarian is in San Diego at Sharps. I have two opinions already and my 3rd will be next Tuesday morning with Dr. Ballard. I'm really hoping he'll say no to surgery, but neither of my 1st two opinions can see a way around it. Reason being, the biggest problem is vascular, not neurological. I might be able to find a way to "live with" the neurological symptoms of pain, numbness, weakness, etc. But, I just can't make do without my arterial blood flow - darn it!

I actually begged my vascular surgeon to try PT and/or weight loss, etc., etc., etc. He didn't respond with, "That may or may not work," but rather, "That won't work; it's an anatomical issue, not a space issue - there are two bones rubbing against each other with a major artery, vein, and nerve stuck in between. No amount of PT, etc. is going to change it."

So I asked, "Well, why didn't I have this problem last year, then - if it's just the way my body is?" He responded, "Any number of injuries or aging mechanisms could have subtly caused your condition, but it won't get better, and it won't go away." Naturally, that is NOT what I wanted to hear and all I really want to do is find someone to contradict him.

I'm actually not even being referred to a neurosurgeon, but a thoracic vascular surgeon. Does anybody know any of those? Help, please!

Thanks,
Carrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecyn View Post
HI THERE from an OC TOS patient!
I have not heard of these 2 surgeons. I really wish you would try working with your insurance and get a second opinion from one of the great Neuro's we have available before heading off to surgery.
olecyn
o2bponca is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote