View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 09:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I'm back, big changes

I'm back, took me a long time to find this place. I had no idea what happened with the other link. I was RachelJoy on the other forum, Lynda is my real name. I was going through a bad place at the time and didn't use my real name then. My neurologist had diagnosed thoracic outlet syndrome after my injury I am reviewing. That is one of many physical problems I have.

Sept. 11 will be one year since I tore my shoulder up - cuff and labrum. I have been in physical therapy three treatment periods since, Friday was the last day. I had manipulation for frozen shoulder, but no surgeries to repair the tears per the orthopedist (my PT's said it was because I was a woman over 40). I don't have full use of my right arm. The good news is that due to the last PT, I now have much less pain and can raise my arm all of the forward, up and side. During the periods of time that I couldn't raise my arm at all, I had severe pain under my armpit and I kept telling the doctors that. Well, they blew it off, other than the neurologist testing me and saying I did have thoracic outlet, but this was different. This felt like lymph gland. My massage therapist found I had marble size lumps under my armpit and worked them out. It was very painful but it felt so good I made her do it. I checked with my gynecologist to make sure there wasn't anything going on. I honestly believe the lymph had collected there and couldn't drain. Now that I have been in the last round of PT, the physical therapist was pulling my arm out like in traction and that really helped the arm and the pain I was having.

They all say I have the thoracic outlet and I know I will have to watch it and see. The PT worked on opening up that passage way. I am wearing a shoulder brace that opens up my chest and shoulders' passageways. I'm not having as much trouble for now.
Lynda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote