View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 03:07 PM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Unhappy

I'm sad for the people of Iraq.

I watched the news yesterday. Being Thanksgiving, there was a segment emphasizing the importance of home, family, feeding the homeless, etc.

It then switched over to footage of Iraq where hundreds of people killed/injured - their families wailing in sorrow, bystanders in utter despair over what has become of their homeland. It also mentioned 3 marines who were killed elsewhere in Iraq.

It toggled back and forth from the joy of stuffing our faces to the horror we've caused in Iraq.

Today. Being "Black Friday" - the emphasis is on grabbing all we can and fighting our neighbors for that last DVD player.

It switches to Iraq - mourners carrying 100+ coffins in the streets, businesses, shops and streets blown to shreds.

I'm sad because I screamed as loud as I possibly could to prevent the invasion of Iraq. People who cared patted me on the head and said it would NEVER be a ground war or anything like Viet Nam. People who didn't care said I had the blood of 9/11 victims on my hands for speaking out against invading Iraq.

I'm sad because I used to be a fan of Michael Richards (Kramer), but after seeing the garbage in his heart I'll never be able to look at him again. I've been pushed beyond furious in the past, and I've NEVER reduced myself to racial slurs. As Al Sharpton said, "you can't throw up what you haven't eaten."

I'm sad because people like Michael Richards got us into this mess we call the "War on Terror." They didn't see human beings - they only saw brown people they thought they could control.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote