View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 06:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
HI Flyersfan,

Welcome and I am sorry about what you have been going through.

I have a couple of thoughts. Has your doc tested you for a B12 deficiency? If so do you have copies of any of the results. Just asking becasue it sounds like some of your symptoms are neuropathy related and a b12 deficiency could be connected. Also B12 deficiency in older people I believe has shown up in thinking and cognitive deficiencies. And some people cannot absorb b12 properly and todays docs are not up on the latest levels and where they really sould be. For example in the rest of the world anything under 500 is considered deficient while its considered normal here.

Even if you do not have a B12 test you might want to go out and get some methyl b12 and give it a try to see if it makes any difference in your symptoms.

You might also want to post in the PN forum and describe some of your symptoms there and someone might be able to give more insight. Here is the link.

Hi Shelley,

Thank you so much for the welcome. According to my PCP my B-12 is normal. They ran a lot of bloodwork and I am going next week to see her and I am requesting copies of all my bloodwork then so I will be able to check the specific numbers. I will look into the methyl B12.

I will also make my way over to the forum that you mentioned.

Thank you so much!

Flyersfan
Flyersfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote