View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb here is an easy tip...

There are patches called Salonpas, which are over the counter in most
pharmacies. I use them on my feet alot. And they help alot.

Here is the website:
and this is the one I use:
http://salonpas.us/products/salonpas.html

They are inexpensive, and easy. A good test to see if your problem is
inflammatory. They make alot of other products, but try the one with methyl
salicylate in them --put one vertically on one foot. Then compare the next day to the unmedicated one.

You may still need x-rays of the foot to rule out bone issues/breaks, etc. But alot of foot pain is just "strains". Don't tie shoes too tightly either! And check your sandals..if they are hitting across that instep? Switch shoes for a while and see if that improves.

I can evaluate your meds and any contributions they may be making to your issues. I am NOT like your MIL, however! So I do understand your reluctance... I bet she can be very intrusive! Don't shut off however, because of that... there may be an answer for you, buried there somewhere!

I saw your other post on General about nerve issues... so in the end you may need substantial vitamin support.

There are two major chemistries that run our bodies.
1) Methylation ones (involving B12, folic acid, and B6)
2) essential fatty acid chemistry-- which is huge on nerve maintenance and the heart and brain.

That comment about the cancer in the fridge... you know Calif is a very
radical and aggressive State for additives and carcinogens. Many products have labels that say "not for sale in California".

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote