View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Fabulous Belizean Member

15 yr Member
Fabulous Belizean Member

15 yr Member

lol, Legzz, *nothing's* normal with MS.

or rather, I should say, *everything* is normal, and none of us have the same stuff going on.

I wake up many days, and HOBBLE for a while, like an 80 yr old lady.

I have developed a habit of doing a morning wriggle, to unkink my back and hips... it's a funny kind of hula-dance thing going on.

my friend calls it my duck-waddle.

I think it's due to my generalized weakness... meaning, I don't move enough in my sleep, because I'm a bit weak, and that causes things to "SET" wrong.

to ameliorate the problem, I've added a two inch slab of firm foam to the top of my mattress... that helps a bit... also, sleeping in form-fitting clothes (like longjohns, or tank-top and panties when it's hot) and that helps me move better during sleep, as does slippery sheets.

another thing... I've noticed that with the weakness, I tend to lift things wrong, and bend wrong, to compensate for the bad side... and this leads to overstressing my back sometimes... even if the thing weighs only a few pounds... it can tweak things out of place.

a chiropractor visit may be in order... I get a LOT of relief that way.

right now, my left shoulder is bugging me... I lay down to sleep, and it's hard to get comfortable.

hugs, to Legzz, and hope you get some answers and relief.

Desinie (12-06-2008), dmplaura (12-03-2008), FinLady (12-03-2008)