View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 09:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I can remember so many times that I was almost scared of what my son was capable of. I also remember during the "nice" times how guilty I felt about thinking something was wrong with him; but there was and deep down I always knew it. Sometimes I'd even be afraid to enjoy the good times because I knew a bad time was right around the corner. (And when my younger son was born I was scared to death; but thankfully he was always kind to his brother) And then during those times where his behavior would push me over the edge and I'd be harsh with him I'd spend the next week feeling horrible because I also knew that he could not control what he was doing....vicious circle.

The popsicle sticks project sounds fun! My son hated to do anything that required fine motor at that age, but I remember we used to do a lot of playdoh activities and a lot of cooking in the kitchen. You will have so many more peaceful activity time with him once they start him on treatment.

By the way, do you journal everything that happens every day? This is a huge help to the doctor. Each time he acts out (anger, sobbing, or cruelty) write down the time, what he was doing right before that, and what happenend while he was out of control. This really is a huge help.

You sound upbeat about the calls in the morning! Thats great! You will get answers soon!