View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

A lot of people have back problems with MS, and often it is due to sitting or walking awkwardly during the day.

My suggestion would be to go to a physiotherapist (who knows about MS), and have him assess the problem. I have a PT guy, who I refer to as "my angel", because he has been fixing me up for the last 25 yrs. Sometimes it is the MS directly, so he massages and uses TENS AROUND the sore area, and sometimes it is other problems, like tendonitis, tummy strengthening exercises required, back alignment, etc.

My whole body locks up over night, especially in the winter. I wake up and walk around like Frankenstien for the first 30 min or so. If I stretch while standing, I go into tremors. I just move very slowly and stretch (while sitting!!!).

My thumbs lock and pop every time I try to bend them. I have no idea what that is about, and have asked on the forums before. Doesn't seem there are too many people with this problem though.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
CayoKay (12-03-2008), Desinie (12-06-2008), dmplaura (12-03-2008)