Thread: TN bilateral
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 09:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default TN bilateral

The TN I have started out with lightening bolt like pain on the right side of my face near my nose/chin and then my nose. Then, after 2-3 years, occasionally a pain on the left side, then all of a sudden one day a severe lightening bolt pain on the left side. Since then, the pain has been more on the left side, but still on both sides.

I have been taking Topamax for the pain and it has been increased several times.

My neurologist has not wanted to accept that I have it bilaterally, specifically because I have been under watch for MS since 1988 because of all the symptoms I have. If it were the old days before MRI's, I would be labeled as an MS patient since I have the symptoms on the list that qualifies you as having MS. I have been labeled as a MS patient in medical records before.

Anyway, I do get a "vacation" from it for a week or so and then it comes back. Usually there are triggers - cold, talking, sneezing, coughing, crying... there are various triggers. I know I need to go to a dentist but I have been putting it off, dreading it.
Lynda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote