View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Mrs. D.

I am s l o w l y getting into vegetarian eating. I grow my own sprouts and incorporate them into my foods every day. No problem there. I read up on people who are vegetarians and I wanted to see if they do indeed live longer than others. The consensus is that they do ...up until the age of 80.

It seems that people who don't eat animal meat have fewer heart attackes ..up until the age of 80. Then everybody ages he same way. Wrinkling of skin, degeneration of bodies.

And the article says this is all due to lack of CARNOSINE in the bodies (which vegetarians get because they don't eat meat).

Now I haven't eaten any beef in a LONG TIME. I gather this means I don't have the recommended Carnosine in my body?

It also said that the one supplement that is lacking in a vegetarian diet is lack of B-12 and that people who are vegetarians should take B-12.

WELL NO PROBLEM IN MY CASE!!!

So now it's all about how Melody gets Carnosine in her body. Or should I take it. I never heard of this until today and I just googled this mineral (or whatever it is) and I am reading about how it protects nerves and cells etc.

Is this something we should be buying and adding to our regimen?? Or should we eat foods with it?

Since I have no idea what foods contain this, I am now going to google Foods with Carnosine.

be back later.

Okay. I'm back. This is what I found about Carnosine! Seems there is no downside to this thing. Holy Cow. All the info is POSITIVE. Since I no longer eat chicken and I stopped pork and beef a long time ago, I gather it's okay (as a diabetic) to start taking Carnosine?

http://www.lef.org/abstracts/codex/carnosine_index.htm

I find this fascinating. I went to GNC. It costs $59.99 on their website.

However, iherb.com has a whole bunch at much lower prices.

Here's their link.

http://www.iherb.com/Search.aspx?c=1&kw=CARNOSINE

Tell me what you think. Since I take the Jarrows Brand of Methyl 12 and it works wonders, well, I'm inclined to try their brand. I have no clue how much to take.

I don't want to build muscles. I want to hit 80 and still look good.

lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote