Old 12-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlene View Post
Hi Melody,

Just a cautionary note about being a vegetarian. You really have to make sure you are getting your protein. So many vegetarians just drop meat without incorporating other good quality proteins and fats into their diet.

Years ago we followed a vegetarian diet but after John got ill, we could not get enough protein in him for healing without adding meat back into the diet. We have both found we feel much better being back on meat. We make sure we eat organic, hormone free and if we can get it, grass fed meat.

I think it's terrific you are growing your own sprouts. That is the best way to get them!

Marlene
Yeah, I get it about the "meat". I gave up beef a long long time ago. I'm still going to eat fish but I can't afford to buy the fish like I was doing. I can't stand chicken any more, so that's not too hard to give up.

I'll get my protein from the sprouts (they are chock full), from the tuna (15 grams a can), and from whatever protein shake I can get. I've been looking into viable sources of protein. I do love my eggs in the a.m. My cholesterol is just fine, thank goodness.

I just can't stand to cup up another chicken. Especially after I saw how they treat them (in the cages, etc.)

I can't afford organic meats. I just can't. That's why I started to grow my own sprouts.

And today was my last day using my lettuce. For dinner I actualy had a salad that I completely grew myself. Well, except for the grape tomatoes that is.

But the rest was grown in my kitchen. It was delicious.

I wonder what else I can grow.!!!

lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 12-03-2008 at 09:41 PM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote