View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 09:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplegirl99 View Post
Hello Members,

Has anyone here experienced there neurlogical disorder affectiing sex?

I have problems with sex drive because I have no sex drive and am not sure why. Second of all I have no sexual feeling. I do have feeling in that area I am not parlized or nothing but when it comes to sex I feel very little, mainly pain, not pleasure. I have Hydrocephalus. Has anyone else experienced this?

Ripplegirl99
Oh, yes, neuro disorders can have that effect for both men and women. Can cause all sorts of sexual dysfunction - lack of desire, painful sex, numbness, erectile dysfunction,etc. Even retrograde ejaculation.

I have MS and have had to deal with a few issues in that area. Sometimes it's part of the meds,but with MS more often than not,it's the disease itself.

Ask your neuro about it. Might be a bit uncomfortable, but I found it preferable to the alternative - just suffering with it.

If your doc is of the opposite sex and that makes it difficult to talk to them about it, try mentioning it to a nurse. If you explain your discomfort, they will usually broach the subject with the doc for you.

Of course, it could be other things, so it would be a good idea to bring it up with your gyno,as well.

The Black Knight, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

MrsBones is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote