View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default They're crawling out of the woodwork

For those not familar with my life these past few years I'll fill you in. My brothers and cousins that I grew up with were pro my ex husband who abused me. Okay, when I was with my ex everything was cool and we'd get together but as soon as I left my ex my family quickly dropped out of my life. My family was more trouble when I was just about totally alone for a whole year until I made new freinds. Then when my ex passed a year ago they all; well lets just say I haven't seen my family in over a year. No cards, no mail, no calls, nothing.

I do not work so I had very little. I had called my one brother in town a couple of months ago and metioned the lawsuit where I should come into some money. About 2 weeks ago a friend of my family who was at my friend's place got on the phone and asked me a bunch of nosey questions. Well, it took me awhile but I realized that this friend of my family was fishing for facts that are in my favor to get the money. The one brother I called a couple of months ago, well that was a mistake to call him. So back 2 weeks ago when the friend of my family got all in my business I told myself my family will try to get back into my life. Sure enough, I got a card today from one such cousin whom I haven't heard from in two years.

If someone would have told me that people are like my family I would not believed them many years ago. I was naive. They smell that money and now that I'm happy and content they think they will wiggle back into my life. Wrong! I went through a living hell for 2 years and they dropped me like a hot potato. So now I will ingore them.

befuddled2
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (12-05-2008), Jomar (12-03-2008)