View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 06:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CayoKay View Post
hey, can you take the Fingolimod in ADDITION to the Cop?

hey, I'm so old I remember when it was called Cop1.

don't be un-easy, your dis-ease is in fine form, and we're here to celebrate the resurgence of your diseasement.
Not sure that you can. I don't know much about it yet because I haven't spoken to the study coordinator. I'll know more once I do.

Cop1, huh? I'm thinking that doesn't make you OLD, it just makes you aware of stuff to deal with this disease longer!

HK, Yeah, I wish more docs would actually HEAR what their patients are saying rather than listening only to what they want to hear. It would make everyone's life better.

Tkrik, it's a good feeling! It is so hard to get a doc where you feel comfortable with the relationship. I worked with too many docs in the hospital and have switched all my physicians to ones who have maintained their humanity.

Dimpled One, he must have been used to things like that because he pulled out a pair of dark glasses, never missed a stride, and kept asking questions. He's GOOD!

JoeMac, you are so right about that. I know I need humans with feelings and personalities as docs. He made me laugh when I explained why I didn't report increases in sx or new sx to my former docs unless they'd lasted for more than a week or two. I told him "I'm not a whiner." He looked at me and said drolly, "Good, then you can be my patient." And gave me a BIG smile. My kind of guy!

Cherie, thanks. It's a relief to finally have two docs agree, even if it IS 3 years apart. That part was just so frustrating to me.

I guess the best part is that this isn't a devastating discovery for me because I have been dealing with the likelihood that it was MS since 2003. And the dx in 2005 gave me mixed emotions even though I'd adjusted to the probability. This time, I just wanted to jump off the exam table and do a victory dance and spike a stethoscope! Life's crazy.

Thanks for "celebrating" with me!
dmplaura (12-04-2008), hollym (12-04-2008), tkrik (12-04-2008)