Old 11-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

thanks Lara

yes, it is a real long weekend with schools and many businesses closed weds, thurs & fri

I like Thanksgiving best of all here, as at least it hasnt become commercialized yet...well, unless you count the mountains of food people buy
Supposed to be a time of gathering the family and freinds and counting your blessings, while eating the traditional turkey, corn and yams with all the additional goodies

we had turkey, homemade cranberry & orange sauce, cornbread stuffing, buttered corn, cinnamon yams, mashed potatoes, steamed french beans and luverly gravy.
As none of us are all that fond of pumpkin pie, we had desert choices of apple/pecan pie with cinnamon cream and a dark chocolate cake...all washed down with sparkling apple cider

As I do all the cooking...........I always really enjoy the day after thanksgiving too, as everyone is real happy helping themselves to leftovers so i get to rest!

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote