View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 08:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am sorry to hear that you are not doing better. I recently had my decompression done on 11/10/2008 and even though I am still just shy of a month after surgery I am doing a lot better. I have found these sites that might be helpful to you. Type in Chip's Chiari Page in your search engine. This page has helped me a lot and they also have a support group. Try also typing in Chiari Malformation Institute in your search engine too. They are a hospital in New York that does ONLY Chiari Malformation procedures and may be able to help you. I don't know where you are located, but it's worth a shot maybe just to get some answers. Maybe your doctor just had not done enough of these procedures too and cannot help you. Have you tried searching for a surgeon in your area that is top notch in this field or has done quite a lot of them? I didn't know that my town even had a support group until I looked and found quite a lot of people who have had this done. I thought I was very much alone in my journey until I started searching. Now, I don't know what the months ahead have in store for me, but I am going to keep the faith that I WILL get better each and every day, even though sometimes I think I will not. I have to as I have two beautiful children that need me. I wish you luck on your journey and if you have anymore questions or anything please don't hesitate to contact me.
Bethanne1012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote