View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 10:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudest_mama View Post
I've been on Artane for over four years now with no problems at all. I also take Mirapex. Why did you doctor take you off the Mirapex? One stops the tremor and the other combats the stiffness, but I'm not sure which does what.

Those two drugs, plus an antidepressant, are the only drugs I used for three years. I added a muscle relaxer because my toe curls but my Parkinson's symptoms have been stablized for the past four years.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.
The first neurologist that I saw put me on the Mirapex back in May just to see how I responded and the new MDS that I saw took me off because he said based on my exam, PD isn't the first thing that comes to his mind. It was a good idea that I went off of it anyways because I started having too many OCD behaviors and shopping too much! The bad thing is that the stiffness and pain is back like it was before I was on PD meds. I am not sure what to think about that at this point. I am TRYING to leave the thinking up to the doctor...but that is very hard. He told me that there are other things that respond to PD drugs, so the fact that I respond to the PD meds doesn't mean for sure that I have PD. He is a highly respected doctor and I have faith that he will figure out what exactly is going on with me. It is just going to take some time.

I am a little confused because I thought that Artane was mainly used for tremor and my tremor isn't that bad. The stiffness and rigidity that I experience is what causes most of my trouble. I sure the heck hope it helps me with that! Otherwise, it isn't worth the possible side effects.

Thanks for your input.

Evonne
Evonne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote