View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 10:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Gosh! I can't believe how frequently you have all seen your neurologists! When I was first diagnosed in Canada I met with my neuro and didn't see him again at all - no follow up or anything. He told me to contact him if my condition changed but it didn't for a little while. When I first moved to Scotland I met with my GP but didn't request a Neurologist until my sysmptoms worsened. Then I had to wait a long while (about 6 months as my case wasn't "serious"). Then when my symptoms weren't improved by changing my meds I was in more frequently - about every 3 months. I live about an hour and a half drive from my previous neurologist and truthfully I never really connected with her. There is a new neurologist in a closer hospital though (only a 45 min drive now) and I have been refered to him. I meet him Tusday so I'm looking forward to that. I have often found myself flounder on-line looking for answers to questions because I feel like I have had no-one to ask and I don't want to put anyone out. Hopefully this new neruologist will show some interest in me and things will work out. Thankfully my MG seems pretty stable right now. I'm still on 40 mg of pred every second day and I'm unwilling to reduce further because I have felt a bit weaker at 40 than 45 and I don't want to end up where I was last Christmas - unable to walk and depressed!
Take care everyone!
~Kathy
Scots Kat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote