View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Unhappy My first Christmas without hubby!

As Christmas is almost upon us, I am concerned about how I am going to take Cristmas the first year, without him. I will be invited places, but if your thoughts are with your loved one, what do you do? Do you tell the world or suffer in silents? I mostly just talk about him on the boards. Mostly the family don't seem to know what to say, so they don't mention that much about him.
My husband was the youngest in his family and the first to go. Weeks go by and I don't see his family, nor do they call.

They are having a memorial service and his name will be called at 2 places, different towns. I can't possibly go to both and don't know what to do. A friend told me they are sad and that she cried the whole time she was there. Should I go and maybe cry and get it out? I did at Thanksgiving, the night before. I was ok that day. I guess I need to pray about it, and listen to my heart.

I don't think I could ever meet anyone like my husband. He was a designer and could make anything. Many have said, he was ahead of his time. So many are wanting something of his when I have an auction sale, Jan.1 st. I didn't realized it but he has made things for many people. The auctioneer said our sale will be a big one, because it was "his things". I am a little concerned that it could be bad weather. The auctioneer man said, it won't make a bit of difference. They will be there because he passed away. He did have a lot of friends.

People tell me the first year is the worst. Is this so?
Blessings,
Billie
Fancylady_2006 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote