View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 11:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Better late then never

My history is well known....drugs, surgery, therapy and the unrelenting pain of PN. This isn't Earth shattering, and, common knowledge for many. However, my system removed from alcohol has begun to respond in a positive way. Yes, the numbness from the surgery won't ever get better, but the burning, aching and zapping have pretty much come to a cessation. I still am troubled with tight shoes, but the improvement is close to 75%. No Lyrica, no tramadol, no vicodin, no nothing! I am grateful for this improvement. I remember Bob talking about paying the price for the occasional glass of wine. I had that small glass of wine three weeks ago, after not consuming any alcohol for a month....and OMG! Not worth it!!! I have nobody to blame but myself for the damage I've done. I can only stay focused and stay the course with the hope of alerting those that have dismissed alcoholic neuropathy as a possible cause. It doesn't have to be due to a lack of nutrition either. Although the abuse of alcohol can certainly strip the body of nutrients. Nice to be back!
jakatak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MelodyL (12-08-2008), ZEBHURTZ (12-13-2008)