Old 12-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene_butterfly View Post
Hello everyone

My name is Rhiann and I am 22 from South Wales and am really tearing my hair out at the moment. At the moment I am suffering from severe dizzy spells, I don't get them all the time or every day even but they are awful - it;s as if everything is moving around me and I cannot focus on anything, also I am physically sick with it and on a few occasions I have even stayed in bed the whole day as I'm unable to get up.

Also, I have experiencing these swaying like motions when standing up as if I'm swaying back and forward and am also losing my balance really easily and being really clumsy which I've never really been before.

The doctor's have not been very helpful and the majority of them have put it down to my anxiety disorder - but the thing is it feels really different to the dizziness I experience with anxiety. I used to see an occupational therapist and even she admitetd that my symptoms were different to her other patients and said she though it sounded like a perceptual problem or something. Also, it's really weird as when I was born the doctors thought that there was something wrong with me as I tensed my legs or something which babies aren't supposed to do and so had a brain scan (ultrasound) and another time when my Mum took me to the nurse and when she laid me on the bed I screamed and held onto her and would not let go and only stopped when she lay me down on the ground - and since then have suffered from extreme fear of heights.

I'm due to see a neurologist, not sure when though and am going for some tests in a couple of weeks - an electrocardiogram and being fitted with an ambulatory ECG monitor (??).

Anyway, I have come to here to see if anyone else can relate or have gone through similar experiences. Thanks
Hi Hon.

Welcome to Neurotalks.

Tell us about yourself. We're a friendly bunch of people here. You are so young to be having all these problems. Is there a reason that you are so anxious. Do you have a job?

We like to share stuff on these boards. Being dizzy at various times is no fun at all. My husband has Menieres and vertigo comes right along with that diagnosis.

But in his case we found out that if we excluded sodium from his diet, well, his episodes are fewer and far between.

So why not give it a try. Limit your sodium intake.

Take care,

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote