View Single Post
Old 12-04-2008, 07:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't think RSD itself will EVER be listed as a cause of death on a death certificate. RSD isn't a fatal disorder by any means. No one will ever die from rsd no matter what some people out there might say. It does cause problems with the body, a lot of things we live with up our risk of heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure. The lack of circulation increases our risk of heart attack and stroke, high blood pressure also increases the risk, the pain increases the risk. If the rsd goes internal it can cause the heart to begin beating irregularly leading to a massive or even just a regular heart attack.

Having said that, I knew one woman who died about a year after I got rsd. She was in a group I was in. She was such a good person and I still miss her. She died of a massive heart attack brought on by rsd. She was one of the few who had it internally and she'd had a couple of heart attacks previously. Her cause of death was heart attack not rsd. The rsd didn't cause her death at all, her heart caused her death. I've known a handful who died in the 1st two years I had rsd due to suicide.

I didn't vote on the poll because it isn't as simple as a yes-no.

Hugs,

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
allentgamer (12-30-2014)