View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 09:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

For my Botox injections into my scalenes, it was not really painful. very small needles, very small doses. it did not hurt any after the injection. No soreness or bruising at the site. just minor discomfort or maybe stinging during the injection, but not enough to worry about. Anxiety is far more distressful than the actual stick. Great relief for 2 - 3 weeks. my TMJs will pop when I open my mouth after this accident, with scalene involvement. After these botox injections, me and my therapist were amazed... I couldn't make it pop at all. so she knows Botox definitely had an effect. There was some lasting relief, even though my TMJs still pop.

I did get right eyelid twitiching for about 2-3 weeks also. Researched a little later on the Internet and I found that Botox into the scalenes caused droopy eyelids. I believe I got some of that effect. I did get relief, but there's always a trade. BOL.

It should help your migraines. I had a friend who done that and it helped her symptoms. You will not know if it will help until you try.

Is your insurance (if you have any) paying for it. If not, if the first helps, your physician can write a letter of medical necessity to your ins co and they may pay for it. My "high risk insurance" agreed to pay for some, but then the doctor opted not to use Botox in his office. Bummer but probably for the best. I had Botox 3 different times. You get some relief from this and some relief from that and maybe it will all come out okay in the wash.
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gibbrn (12-05-2008)