View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 12:06 PM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

I have big lumps in my throat right now...I had it last night, actually and I swore I left you, BMW, a note on your personal page but now I couldn't find it and I wondered if I'd left it on someone else's personal page. LOL

*note to self, NEVER leave notes on personal pages when tired!! *smacks-self

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alffe View Post

I think the "danger" in talking about our suicidal feelings is that it could trigger someone. I know we are all adults here but we have, on a couple of occasions had someone new come in and threaten to kill themselves. That isn't acceptable nor what we are about. As long as we are clear about the difference...feelings vs actions I don't think there would be a problem.

Maybe a mod could jump in here with an opinion.
thank you, Alpho, for posting that. I had thought about that after I'd posted and am glad that you came back and posted this because I wanted to make it very clear that it is OK to talk about these feelings yet it is NOT OK to hold others hostage with suicidal threats...there are LIVE hotlines for that...

I think this is why this forum is such a gift. It gives those of us that are "quiet" another outlet than talking to a hotline.

I feel comfortable coming here reading the old posts or new posts and when the feelings are strong, it is good to just have this forum opened on my puter screen...not sure why, that alone has saved my life many times throughout the years...

This was a gift that you have bestowed upon us, Alpho....thank you for starting this forum many years ago and that it has carried us through and hopefully many more (of course, thanks to Doc and the mods for providing a new home for the forums itself).

I had a lot on my mind and all of a sudden, they are all gone....

be back to post more later

wanted to welcome PONO (sorry, I added an "R" where I shouldn't have. LOL)

and give (((((BIG HUGS))))) to all....

my deepest respect and love

moi

"you're entering, the

zone..."
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (12-05-2008), mistiis (12-05-2008), Nik-key (12-06-2008), pono (12-06-2008), tamiloo (12-08-2008), Twinkletoes (12-08-2008)