View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 05:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default yes

Yes, I think that's great, Rick, having people with PD or caregivers more involved, because they would be truly motivated to find a cure/neuroprotection out of love, not money. And we all know what money does.....

And also, there are so many people on this forum alone who could help so much, all of you with scientific backgrounds, heavens, sometimes I have to go get a medical dictionary to understand much of what is posted (yes, we now have one). How could this not be an incredibly valuable resource? The only downside I see is that because of urgency (who wants PD one moment longer than necessary?) that burning desire to be free of the pain, shakes, depression, etc. could skew one's perspective, but the docs/researchers without PD could be on the lookout for that.

Great ideas and suggestions. I don't really believe MJF intended to "exclude" patients in the true sense of the word, rather, I think his hope was to get this moving as fast as possible and he probably felt, as many might, that including the millions with PD in the chats would be counter-productive...but perhaps with the ideas presented here, we can find a happy medium.
lurkingforacure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
indigogo (12-06-2008), paula_w (12-05-2008)