View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 05:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Tom...you can adopt me. You both would have made great parents but I understand the decision. I have grandchildren that are young enough to want to have very active lives, I can't keep up. It's not because of age but because of MS.

Now back to you at the original thread...unfortunately, I thought I would be working until age sixty plus. MS hit me with a really bad relapse that within two years put me out of work. I have quite a few skills, but at my age, health issues and the hours I can work employment is not an option.

I did have retirement plans, unfortunately my DH did not and I could not make him understand that one day we would need retirement. Within four years my retirement is gone, and I am thinking of ways to work for cash to survive. My DH is self employed with a company that does not offer benefits to its employees any longer...he is fortunate just to have his job. The other employees in his area are gone, fired because of the supply/demand of the economy.

Ten or more bucks a week will add up a bunch over a few months, take that money and put it where it can make more money. Then after a year, take that money and put it where it will make money. I did this for a few years. We have lived off that money for over five. I live in a one story and a wall here or there can be knocked out for wheel chair access. We are also in a good neighborhood, back in the day it was considered prime for the area. It is just inside the city limits, but not so much that traffic is bothersome. The hospital is less than two minutes, the grocery is less than a mile...

These were things that were important to me when I was looking for a house here...last time I lived fifteen miles from nowhere when I lived here.

Yep, have to say this MesS does suck at times.
Momma's Kids is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jules A (12-06-2008)