View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 06:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for asking.

It's no medicine, but I'm addicted to it. It's not hard to use, but you do need a little guidance and instruction of the taping technique... and also so it can be applied how it would most benefit your conditions. But if you can't get some instruction, you and a buddy can do it with some research and thought. We've put it on and it didn't feel right so we'd reapply if necessary. Not very often, though. You can't really mess up too bad on this one.

This is an interesting site about the US Olympic Volleyball Player. it has a lot of info.

http://kinesiotaping.com/olympic-watch.php

hope the URL works - or just Google "Kinesio Tape"

You can buy it online. I buy the commercial size box ($60 a couple of years ago) from my therapist. I don't use it like I did. Mine is skin tone/nude color.

I think... I know it definitely helped get me through the TOS, neck and back wrecked days and nights when nothing else -or what I'm willing to do -was helping. It will help you with your ADLs (activities of daily living).

(accident in 2000 - this is May 2003 - 2nd therapist)
For me, my therapist would have to order extra. it's recommended you wear it for 3 days... well, 3 weeks later she decided to take the old off - (it was ragged and worn and even dirty looking in some places - I had been trimming it with scissors) -- and put some new on. So she ripped it off (-my therapist laughing) or what was left, and "put some fresh on." (-she's still laughing... saying, "It sticks on you better than it does anybody."

...and she keeps wanting to order some "glow in the dark" tape especially for me. She's really funny.

I can do the tape myself for my scalenes (R&L side of my neck); front, starting midline where the clavicles meets sternum and going down sternum-at rare times at this point with the Kinesio Tape I'd split and cut divits in tape and tape even underneath my breats and up almost to my armpits-this takes a lot of time...and cutting of tape-I will always precut my tape-- would explain in detail if asked. I had two very tender and painful points-on the inside of my upper arm and straight across to a point where armpit and breast muscle meets -- Anyone else? I can tape my clavical acromoclavicular rounding my shoulder and some around on my back; top of breast over shoulder and down my shoulderblade (good to pull shoulders back - comfortable. By the end of the day, I would do better than if I wasn't taped); anywhere on my arms, hands, thumbs and wrists I wanted to. My therapist or husband puts tape on my scapulas (at bra line - about 7-8 inches of tape) - helps tremendously - if hubby helps with clavical-shoulder and around, then he brings it from shoulder to scapula - crisscrosses at and below scapulas and brings around to waistline/hip/side. It's in a pattern. I could draw and attach if I knew how. for lumbar and thoracic, they also - I call it a web pattern... 6 pieces of Kinesio Tape, about 10-12 inches long-on your thoracic/scapula area or low back. We have used it in the past for sciatica-top of hip and down leg, bottom of foot depending where you pain pattern is. This went on till middle of 2006 some in 2007. I've been asked, "Are you a burn victium or somethin?"

Helps me. worth trying. let me know if anyone tries it.
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
thursday (12-06-2008)