View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 08:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello,

In addition to the above suggestions, I offer the following.........

Find a place on the application to include every MS symptom you ever had, even if the symptom hasn't returned in a long time or has never returned... because MS damage often occurs again where there already once was a lesion.

For each symptom above, ALWAYS try to follow this format:

"My MS tremors stop me from performing activities of daily living, such as cutting food with a knife, writing with a pen, holding and drinking from a cup, brushing my teeth and more."

"My MS-caused flatulence, which is extreme, stops me from performing activities of daily living because co-workers become embarrassed and don't want to work with me or even work anywhere near me."

"My MS Optic Neuritis stops me from performing activities of daily living because I can't always read a computer monitor because the brightness makes me go blind."

"My MS spasticity stops me from performing activities of daily living because the medication Baclofen, which is medically necessary for me to take, makes me too tired during the daytime to concentrate on work."

Do not worry about repeating many times the phrases "My MS (fill in the blank) stops me from performing activities of daily living because..." and "which is medically necessary for me to take."

Best of luck.

~Annie
Annie1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BaxterTheBunny (12-08-2008), Gazelle (12-07-2008), lady_express_44 (12-06-2008)