View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 07:41 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you for your reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by (Broken Wings) View Post
Can depend on when and how you became symptomatic/injured. Surgery is not the only way. Sometimes even with herniations, it's not a surgical situation unless you worsen, an injurous event occurs....

I had cervical epidurals X3 that helped me. I had to commit to 3, through. First one made me a lot more uncomfortable/worse; 2nd, more uncomfortable/worse; 3rd made me better. Certainly helped me to keep my head up.

The weight of your head, 8 - 10 pounds, is apparently too much on your stressed/injured/sore muscles, ligaments and tendons. Neck braces can be counter-something.

Other things: Physical therapy, Occupational Therapy, Kinesio Tape, magnet therapy, ultrasound, E-Stim, exercise if you're able to tolerate some, Yoga, Stretches, aqua therapy, ice/heat packs, breathing techniques, accupuncture, naturopathic ways, light therapies, medications, transdermal patches. I've heard of bee stinging - don't want to try that. There's other things too.

Hope you find something soon.
Broken wing, thanks for your reply- and all the resources I will be looking them up. I appreciate it. I have had not injury- I do not know what caused all these herniated disc, appartently there are several in t spine and c spine. but the pain is relentless- its hard for me to know which is rsd and which is from herniated disc. thank you again for replying. sincerely, cz
CZZ74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote