View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 07:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Coleman is an idiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingforacure View Post
Two questions:

1. has anyone tried to eliminate refined sugar entirely from their diet and if so, what specific effect(s) did that have on your PD? I am not talking about things like bread which has minimal amounts of sugar added to it (although it converts very quickly into sugar in the body) but things like candy, ice cream, cookies, even juice and of course, sodas without a doubt. Things which are pretty much entirely sugar when they first go into our mouths, and which we love so much (just in time for the holidays!);

2. John Coleman, an Australian, claims to have recovered from stage 4 PD and early stage PSP, I think he said. I have yet to read his book, but apparently he made radical lifestyle and dietary changes. I was all into jumping on this for my husband, but then as I delved into his website(s), I realized he has a tiered system for participating in "recommending" others to become "members" at fifty bucks a month.

Now, I know people have to make a living, but the rather hidden, at least to me, way in which I stumbled upon this tiered system makes me wonder whether he is legit. He also sells these water drops that are supposed to help the cells take up the water you drink and cleanse out toxins, etc. He clearly and upfront says he cannot cure anyone, but can help one "regain their health". I can find no testimonials from peolel who have tried his method or water drops, and that casts doubt as well. Anyone have any experience with this fellow or his water drops, or know anyone who has, and what were the results? Thanks.
He's been in my corner of the world for a while now and unfortunately within our parkinson community nobody I know of has gotten rid of their P.D. let alone a Parkinson Plus syndrome like Mr Coleman claims he has!
How he's gotten away till now with these rorts of his is beyond me.
It'd be interesting to know how much money he's pocketed preying on parkinsonians.
His name has come up on BT2 before and I wrote my thoughts on him.
made it up is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote