View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 09:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

sugar - well, I think the problem is more than sugar alone. There is sugar and then there is sugar. I think the problem with much of the stuff you're going to eat with sugar is that it also contains a number of other things, which especially combined, are going to be problematic - like margarine or other unhealthy fats, white processed flour made from grain made with pesticides, all kinds of additives, adulterants and preservatives - or what's that stuff they put in "juice" drinks - high fructose corn syrup or some such thing - totally deadly stuff....If I eat a piece of cheesecake from the deli, yeah, I'm going to have an off period reliably. If I have some organic raw honey in my tea, that is generally not a problem. I find the more I strive to eat whole, unprocessed food - not an easy thing to access or to do - it definitely cuts down on my problems and make me feel more vital.

I do think there are many things that you can do that improve your general, overall health, and that while they don't lead to replacing sinemet overnight, a more vital overall function can use the medication with fewer problems, is less likely to have other health issues arise that can complicate PD, or even can improve symptomology - but over a period of time, not even by next month, let's say. After all, the body's overall resilience and functioning is the background against which the foreground of our symptoms enact themselves, so in my view it's only logical.
Fiona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (12-08-2008), rosebud (12-06-2008)