View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 11:23 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Keeping in mind the wide variety of PD, I think Fiona is right. Over the course of our lives certain vital systems in our bodies have worn out for a number of reasons. One of the things that has worn out is some important control circuitry that is needed to keep things in balance (aka "homeostasis"). So sugar, or stress, or a bad night's sleep, or a thousand other things, throw us into a tailspin. Anything we can do to improve that underlying chronic problem increases our ability to weather those overt acute problems. That's why I think it is so important to change one's life in ways that break that cycle beneath the surface before we can hope to heal. If we don't, then DBS fails, stem cells die, etc. because the causes have been ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona View Post

I do think there are many things that you can do that improve your general, overall health, and that while they don't lead to replacing sinemet overnight, a more vital overall function can use the medication with fewer problems, is less likely to have other health issues arise that can complicate PD, or even can improve symptomology - but over a period of time, not even by next month, let's say. After all, the body's overall resilience and functioning is the background against which the foreground of our symptoms enact themselves, so in my view it's only logical.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote