View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 12:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lightbulb to that list, add SPORTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverett123 View Post
1) I have not tried to eliminate sugar but there is ample reason to. PWP have problems with controlling blood sugar. Further, they are sensitive to small fluctuations in the level as well. Someone (Rosebud?) has done a lot of work on her own relationship with sugar and may have something to add. Also, though he may not see this thread, Tom Isaacs was telling me just a couple of days ago that he was taking a sort of sugar holiday and having good results. Tom?

One interesting thing to ponder- PD was very rare both before and after James Parkinson published his pamphlet in 1817. But it gradually increased over the next 75 years or so when a Frenchman named Charcot named it after JP. What was happening in England during the pivotal period of, say, 1750 to 1850? The obvious answer is the Industrial Revolution with its stress and pollution. But there is another:

"Sugarcane quickly exhausts the soil in which it grows, and planters pressed larger islands with fresher soil into production in the nineteenth century as demand for sugar in Europe continued to increase: average consumption in Britain rose from four pounds per head in 1700 to eighteen pounds in 1800, thirty-six pounds by 1850 and over one hundred pounds by the twentieth century."

That's Wikipedia so verify, but it does give one pause.
wouldntt the appearance of leisure time, sports activitiess - along with actual increasing alienatioin from our bodies - and with that a growing lack of common sense toward our bodies. cars, bikes trampolineshorseeesfootballhockey gyymnasticsthe list is endless. i think the injuries sustained fromkm these activities over time in certain indiividuals can present w/ pd syymptoms. essentially a relentlesslsy torqued biomechanical mess.!!!!

and the brain and nerves are a 2 way street...something to ponder. excuse typos ibby
Ibken is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote