View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 02:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Another Elephant is in the room...

My oldest son, Derek, had a favorite stuffed animal named "Elephant" (for obvious reasons).

One day (in the last century!) the one-eyed beloved elephant slowly disappeared out of Derek's life.

He surfaced this summer and just the other day decided it was time to meet Adrianna's cousin, Lane (my great-nephew). (Adrianna is Derek's daughter - my first granchild!) I think, from the pictures, we can all see that Lane approves of Elephant.

Elephant told Lane (who is now 6 months old) that he can't wait to meet Adrianna and to be reunited, one day, with his beloved Derek.

Lane, the little guy above, is my sister Sparkle's First grandchild. Adrianna is the daughter of my estranged son, Derek... altho Derek and I were together briefly this summer.... and altho I've had some time with my new grandaughter, I have not been with Derek again. 10 years without my son and I'm coming to terms with it.

Writing this is very healthy for me.
Thank you for allowing me to share with you all.

Last edited by Addy; 12-06-2008 at 02:25 PM. Reason: picture didn't work and I'm going nuts trying to do this! aaargh!
Addy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (12-08-2008), Burntmarshmallow (12-06-2008), DMACK (12-06-2008), mistiis (12-07-2008), Nik-key (12-07-2008), who moi (12-06-2008)