View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default All have made good and valid points.....

But...More importantly? IS that Three, count them THREE! Different medical groups have agreed [?] to develop guidelines!
This is critical when one encounters the usual neanderthal doctor....give him this? And IF IF IF the doc has any real concerns at all they will check out what their 'leading' peers have to say.
This is progress, tho small steps and steps that will take years, if not decades to become common practice..... It is small increments in the right directions.
Too many here have suffered for too long with incorrect diagnoses... It is NOT in our heads! We aren't imagining things! We might, have [just might, tho not always] some more serious [as in inherited or auto-immune] issues where prompt diagnosis and treatment IS KEY to preventing devasating long-term problems.
Guidelines are just a start. The next step is to have those establishing those guidelines TALK TO US! Then maybe they can truly learn about the 'food processors' we have gone thru to get our diagnoses? Now, I can understand WHY they mite not want to talk to us all....we are all soo varied in our neuropathies? But, at the same time, there are heaps and lots of continuous aspects of our problems and our 'treatments' which are very consistent ...until any lucky person finds a really good doctor! But, there are continuous issues about doctors, testing and treatments here which are usually overlooked by the medical 'professions'.
If I sound angry? I'm mildly so now, at times I get VERY ANGRY at the 'medical professions' and how some of these members treat us! I've been fortunate in finding many good docs who are working on my now MANY issues together [sort of-I suspect?] But they are trying. I hate how many folks here are given the 'tranquilizer' treatment and, essentially then, let go. That, to me, is the antithisis of what doctors are sworn to do! Oh well, I can hope always? 's to all - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote