Thread: Drinking
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 09:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi there. I'm about a year since concussion and PCS and almost 100% (thank goodness - I was worried for a while there...

I too, was told to give up drinking - not just because the brain is trying to heal, and alcohol slows this process down, but especially because when intoxicated, your risk of falling and sustaining another concussion is much higher. Another concussion now would be very very bad for your brain.

I also relunctantly gave alcohol up, but have learned to live without it and actually quite enjoy never being hungover. I've learned to have fun with soda and lemon in a wine glass and just join in with the fun.

That said, I'm much older than 26 and had lots of fun in my younger years, so it wasn't that big a deal for me. I suspect it would be much harder for you. I doubt you will have to give it up forever, but while you're healing, I'd sure recommend it. You will heal quicker.

Hang in there.

Re headaches - stay away from stress; pace yourself at work and play; take lots of breaks; get 8 hrs sleep every night; drink enough water; take Advil when necessary.

All the best to you,

MargN
Quote:
Originally Posted by pht56 View Post
I'm really sorry to hear that. That must be extremely difficult dealing with PCS and then having it cause liver problems. Good thing you have a knowledgable acupuncturist though. I hope your head and liver get better. Hang in there.
MargN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote