View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 12:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
I am checking in. I had a nice quiet Thanksgiving with my friends (a couple) that live in my complex with my mom.

I woke up yesterday feeling very depressed and extremely emotional. I think it was the after math of the holiday, of not being with, well you know.

I also had to say goodbye to a dear friend who is moving to Southern Utah too. That was emotional for me too.

My mom isn't feeling good today, she messed the bed, then missed the toilet, it was a struggle to get her cleaned up, her legs were just giving in. Then had to pee, so I had to get something to put under her, since she was still on the floor. Her legs just wouldn't work. I gave her some Tylenol Arthritis, made the bed back up.

I got her back in bed after awhile, now I am washing the bedding, I cleaned the bathroom.

Today I found my bunny Kelly had died overnight, I knew he was going. I tried wrapping him in a warm blanket yesterday, giving him water, and a carrot to nibble on, but I knew he wasn't going to make. Rabbits don't have long life spans. My other rabbit didn't want me to take him out of the cage.
So sad. She was comforting him to the last minute and then some. She is actually older.

My mom has her good days and bad. I just don't know anymore. I am not in a real good state of mind right now.

The holidays are doing me in too. Which is to be expected with me and my circumstances, I suppose.

I have to go finish the laundry, clean up the kitchen and just hang around making sure my mom is okay. She is sleeping now.

Love you all, Nikko